Mechanical Engineering is applying of physics in the analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a richly integrated curriculum of education and research to its students. The alumni and staff of the department occupy high positions in institutions of higher learning and industries in India. The Mechanical Engineering Faculty is continuing to explore new areas of research and develop new courses. The Department is well equipped with state of the art laboratories in these areas.
Nationally and internationally recognized in providing mechanical engineering education, leading to well qualified engineers who are innovative, immediate contributors to their profession and successful in advanced studies.
To educate, prepare, inspire and mentor students to excel as professionals and to grow throughout their careers in the science and responsibilities of engineering.
1. A Graduate will be a successful IT professional and function effectively in multidisciplinary domains.
2. A Graduate will have the perspective of lifelong learning for continuous improvement of knowledge in Computer Science & Engineering, higher studies, and research.
3. A Graduate will be able to respond to local, national and global issues by imparting his/her knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering in Educational, Government, Financial and Private sectors.
4. A Graduate will be able to function effectively as an individual, as a team member and as a team leader with highest professional and ethical standards.
A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will demonstrate:
PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings. PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Graduates will be able to
1. Computational skills: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Computational Science to solve societal problems in various domains.
2. Programming Skills: Design, Analyze and Implement various algorithms using broad range of programming languages.
3. Product Development Skills: Utilize Hardware and Software tools to develop solutions to IT problems.
Department Mechanical Engineering offers undergraduate. We had a team of highly qualified, experienced, matured & dedicated faculty members who are committed to carve a name in the top echelons of the academic & professional world.
The department has laboratory & workshop facilities with state-of-the –art equipment to carry out research in all areas related to Mechanical Engineering.
Our objective is not to merely produce professionals capable to serve their own needs but Endeavour to serve the society with great concern for human values.
I wish success to all students in your endeavor to join us on the journey of quality education & to have a great learning experience with my excellent, loving & caring team.
Professor Jagadish B. B
Head Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Sl. No.||STAFF NAME||QUALIFICATION||DESIGNATION||EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING||PROFILE|
|1||Chandrashekar||ITI||Instructor||2 Years||View Pofile|
|2||Basha||ITI||Instructor||1 Years||View Pofile|
Mechanical Engineering Laboratory List:
1. Basic Workshop Laboratory
2. CAED Laboratory
Second Year :
1. Foundry and Forging Laboratory
2. Material Testing Laboratory
3. Machine Shop Laboratory
4. Metrology and Measurements Laboratory
Third Year :
1. Energy Conversion Engineering Laboratory
2. Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
3. Heat and Mass Transfer Laboratory
Fourth Year :
- 1. Design Laboratory
- 2. CIM and Automation Laboratory